Thursday, September 08, 2011

AN ANWER TO MY QUESTION ABOUT OBAMA

THIS IS A TYPEWRITER/REMEMBER THEM
In the article below this I comment, "I've said it before and I'll say it again, why won't our first African American President stand up for African Americans.  What the hell is he afraid of?"


A long time reader of the blog (and a member of the group), Terry Franklin, emailed me a comment in reply.  I checked with him to see if he would mind me printing it here and he gave me the "okay."  I think what Terry offers is a somewhat unique and interesting insight.  So here you go.



 
 
My good fellow,

It is a matter of culture. He may be African-European American. Most people leave out the European part. He does have a white Kansas mother, just like my kids. White does count in the mix. But I do digress. He is a Black guy that had to learn how to be Black. He just never got the hang of it. Now I do speak from experience. I grew up in a small town in SE Kansas. My culture is a blend of White and Black. When I went to KU in 1966, I found out there were vast differences between myself and the city Blacks. It is not so much race as it is culture. Did Obama grow up intercity Black? No he did not.
 
Looking at my record collection from the early 60s you would find the Beach Boys, DC5, Beetles, Jr. Walker and the All Stars, Smokey Robinson, The Temptations, The Kinks, Rolling Stones, Leslie Gore, Steve Wonder etc... Get the picture? I could go on but I won't. That was and still is my world of music. I cannot say that my old frat brothers from KU have the same diversity in music. If they do, it is not discussed.
 
Obama is a wuss and he will always be. I was listening to Chicago (I still do vinyl) when I got your email. It is Chicago III and there is a lyric talking about Mother Earth. It says, "A mother has been raped, and left to die in disgrace..." That may end up being Obama's legacy. He has no identification with main stream Afro Americans, and does not wish to be identified with environmental progress.  Air emmission standards?  No--we don't need any.
Terry Franklin—

Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.
 --Leroy Paige




TERRY ALSO ADDED IN HIS REPLY
"I caught a few typos and other evidence that English was not my major at KU."  


As you are all aware, that same is true of me.

      

No comments: