Monday, May 20, 2013

DEVASTATION IN OKLAHOMA



People I have been watching the incredible and horrific devastation near Oklahoma City today and have nothing for Scission.  Watching a two mile wide tornado moving through a populated area on live television is beyond belief.  For those of us who live out here in tornado country (we have a tornado watch here where I live until 10pm tonight), these scenes strike very close to home.  Too many huge tornadoes these days.  I have grown up with these things and I do not remember this number of giant tornadoes in my lifetime until the past number of years.  I don't know about numbers compared to earlier, and I know there have been higher casualties due to no warnings in the past, but the size and violence of these tornadoes, well, I'm sorry, if you don't think global climate change is impacting all this, you are nuts.  Anyway, I have nothing more to add today.  My heart goes out to the people of Moore, Oklahoma and nearby areas.  

No comments: